Saturday, February 11, 2006

Ever wondered why it's so much easier to believe in God than to believe that God doesn't exist? God satisfies the need to achieve self-realisation. That means that no matter how rich, how pretty, how smart you are, there'll be a time in your life when you'll come to question the meaning of life: What is my purpose? Am I just a piece of meat? What am I here for? Religion, in its wholesome calming effect, will provide you with the moral guideline that answers that profound question : What is the meaning of my life? So when things go right, I thank God, when things go bad, God is trying to teach me something from this. He may or may not exist, but the fact is I choose to believe that he does, in order to make sense of my life. He also serves as a soothing purpose, like a warm water bottle in the cold. I was wondering, what happens when you trust in God so much that you lose motivation to take control of your own destiny? Leave everything in his hands, so where does the trying part come in? I suppose God won't help you if you don't help yourself right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home