The Saddest Job
There is nothing like a nice road trip. A long 2 hour drive up to Malacca and a long 2 hour drive back home. The drives were pretty boring and i was sleeping most of the time. We spent most of our time there walking and eating. Watched armageddon on cable and i think i may have come to a conclusion to what the saddest job in the world might be.
I am sure you recall seeing tiny insects being stuck onto a spider's web and feeling like we had a greater sense of what it meant to be alive. It is from this perspective that I look upon the occupation I am about to proclaim as the saddest one of all. I thought about this for almost an hour and came to the conclusion that an Astronaut has to be the saddest of all men. Imagine looking down on all of mankind and coming to the realization that it is something so small. Imagine having to come home after experiencing that and attempting to explain it to people who have been blinded by the same atmosphere for their entire lives. Imagine how alone you would feel. There would only be a handful of people in the world who would understand anything you were trying to say.
I am sure you recall seeing tiny insects being stuck onto a spider's web and feeling like we had a greater sense of what it meant to be alive. It is from this perspective that I look upon the occupation I am about to proclaim as the saddest one of all. I thought about this for almost an hour and came to the conclusion that an Astronaut has to be the saddest of all men. Imagine looking down on all of mankind and coming to the realization that it is something so small. Imagine having to come home after experiencing that and attempting to explain it to people who have been blinded by the same atmosphere for their entire lives. Imagine how alone you would feel. There would only be a handful of people in the world who would understand anything you were trying to say.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home