GONG HEI FATT CHOY!
I'm already hating the good food and the stupid chinese new year songs that seem to be on replay everywhere. Not complaining about the angpows though.
Well, after having three sessions of reunion dinner/lunch, and gaining what seems like 2-3 kilos and regretting it, I've noticed something.
All chinese delicacies are almost totally tasteless.
Sharksfin is tasteless.
Birdsnest is tasteless.
Abalone is almost tasteless.
According to my uncle, and anyone who has enough common sense, sharksfin is the same thing as pig ears. And actually, the same as your nose bone- they're all cartilage. Birdnest is just swallow spit. And I've got plently of spit to spare. I could swallow and then spit into your bowl of sweet soup if you want. Abalone tastes like rubber chicken slices.
So why on earth do we eat them?
Someone please inform me.
Well, after having three sessions of reunion dinner/lunch, and gaining what seems like 2-3 kilos and regretting it, I've noticed something.
All chinese delicacies are almost totally tasteless.
Sharksfin is tasteless.
Birdsnest is tasteless.
Abalone is almost tasteless.
According to my uncle, and anyone who has enough common sense, sharksfin is the same thing as pig ears. And actually, the same as your nose bone- they're all cartilage. Birdnest is just swallow spit. And I've got plently of spit to spare. I could swallow and then spit into your bowl of sweet soup if you want. Abalone tastes like rubber chicken slices.
So why on earth do we eat them?
Someone please inform me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home