Friday, September 21, 2007

For what it's worth

Ever wondered about the meaning of life? Or rather, your purpose here. Simple as it may seem; a four letter word - LIFE. But the meaning is so complex, it might take a lifetime of effort to figure out what it really means. It has defeated the finest minds of the millenia, and still puzzles those who seek to find it(including me).

This has been both bugging and obsessing me for a while. I am by no means suicidal. I just have this sudden curiosity to why people and things live and exist.

I've visited a few web pages and forums to try and find others' opinions on the meaning of life. But I just can't completely agree with any of them and I’ve come to a slightly nihilistic conclusion that there may not be an ultimate meaning for being alive. And that maybe we're here just to make up the numbers. Although I want very badly to be proven wrong, I want to find out that I’m wrong, to find an explanation which I can agree with.

Then again, maybe there isn't a universal answer which could apply to everyone. Or maybe the answer is constantly changing. Like when we feel like we’ve found it, and suddenly everything goes downhill and the answers we once knew are now obsolete and we have to find a new answer. I don't know.

I need an answer badly. Maybe I should go meditate naked under a tree for 10 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home