Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fortitude

There's this chinese phrase "tong ku shi wei le zhou gen chang yuan de lu". Loosely translated, it means that this moment of suffering and pain is to prepare you for the challenges ahead. This is the sort of optimistic view that I need so so much now.

It has been a painful last few weeks. With the sudden loss of self confidence and the urge to just give up. And it's really hard to get anything done when you're feeling lost and distracted most of the time. I'm still trying to put everything behind me and start afresh with a more optimistic view.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

I believe those who had worked their ass off to get a position in e boat certainly feel the same way as u. Not even wanting to skip a single session, we had hit e gym whenever we are free, pounding our muscles with pain and wat did we get? NTH !! We certainly deserved to row, our passion, desire and effort are more than enough to prove this, furthur more, we are not weak afterall. It is certainly unbareable to see those who didnt put in much effort getting to row. On the surface of my heart, I had lost confidence in my teamates including me. But, deep, deep down in my heart. There is a greater desire to push. I can feel every muscles in my body on fire, ready to push even more in gym. All the aching I experienced upon hitting the gym on my own turns into energy, allowing me break my own limit. I am sure this race is not a point for us to give up, but a turning point for us to push like never before. Squeesh that last juice of strength out and wack the weights, until we are far, far, far better than the rest. Do not let the past hinder yur future !!! The next race, we are gona make the coach, president and everyone place us in the boat without thingking twice. Let's do it together JAMES!!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home