Friday, April 04, 2008

Not playing with my balls anymore

I have made a big deal about leaving this sport, but I must confess that I miss bowling terribly. I miss doing something day-in and day-out that I love to do. I miss the emotional reward of a brilliant game, and even the agony that comes with a disappointing performance.

This keeps me young; it prolongs the inevitable coming of age and keeps me from having to face the harshness of reality. This game is my neverland and as long as I'm on the lanes, I can never grow old. Which is why I leave; I do not leave because I hate this sport, I do not leave because I am hopeless, and I do not leave because I cannot handle reality.

I leave because I've found greater solace and meaning in Dragon Boating. I leave because I believe in pushing myself to my limits and if that makes me crazy then certify me insane. But isn't this how life is meant to be?

There is nothing much to be said about this great shift in priorities. I struggle with the assumption by those around me that I am vulnerable to the changing winds and will blow in whichever direction they desire. Rest assured, I am solid in my convictions this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home